Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Outside

This kid loves to be outside.  A few weeks ago he was very tentative when set on the grass, now he takes off, smiling with glee at the breeze in his face. 

On Friday my parents were watching Cal and while he was there they had the boat put in the water. I got the following picture message:


Ready for a boat ride!
As soon as I was done with physical therapy (my last day - woot!) I headed over and we took the boat for the first voyage of 2012.  What a difference a year makes - Cal no longer hates his life jacket!  Don't let the serious face fool you - once we got moving and I held him up so he could see, he was happy as can be.  He was even calm when the warning bell started to ring, the engine started to smoke and Grandpa yelled "Fire!" while Mommy scrambled for the fire extinguisher.  That's right - fire.  We were able to hail some (drunk) fishermen to tow us back to our dock.  Guess ride #2 will have to wait for a while. 


I HATE this hat.

After the aborted boat ride, Cal and I stopped at Marshbank Park.  I had watched the renovations over the past year, but had not yet gone in to take a look.  They have a great playscape, complete with a toddler structure and squishy rubber turf.  Cal loved the steering wheels (big surprise!)


Playing peekaboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment