Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sometimes there are no pictures...

Billy works every other weekend, 12 hour shifts.  This means that Cal and Mommy have a lot of quality time.  This weekend was one of those weekends.  However, like many Mommy/Cal adventures, I have no pictures to prove it actually happened.

After sleeping in (what a good boy!), Cal and I headed out to the Harvest Happening at Hess-Hathaway Park.  As soon as we pulled in, Cal yelled "Truck!"  At first I thought it was because he saw a truck, but it soon became clear that he remembered this place from the Big Wheels event a few weeks ago.  Boy was he bummed when I wouldn't let him climb in every vehicle he saw!  He got particularily pissed when I pulled him out of the driver's seat of the police car.

One of the activities available was pony rides.  After putting Cal on his pony, I reached into my pocket for my phone to grab a quick picture...only to discover that I left my phone in the car.  Sorry kid.  You rode a pony and you liked it.  You said "Neigh!" 

Cal also went in the toddler sized bouncy farm.  He enjoyed it...until he was agressively hugged by a little girl.  She ran up, bear hugged him and fell over into the little inflatable pen with him.  She then proceeded to roll around, still clinging to him.  Cal was not a fan.  I try not to hover, but I ended up tapping her through the mesh and asked her to let go.  Poor kid.  Luckily cider and donuts made it all better.

I hate wishing that time would speed up, but this was one of those events where I found myself wishing for "next year"... Maybe next year he will be able to enjoy more of the activities.  Maybe next year Daddy will come so Mommy can take pictures.  Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment