Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 16, 2011

How can I not miss this face?



My return to work is here. How could 7 weeks have gone by so fast?  I always thought that I wouldn't be one of those parents who has separation anxiety and cries at the first daycare drop off, but now I'm not so sure.  We are lucky that the LolliPop only has to go to daycare 2 days a week because his daddy and his grandparents want to spend time with him on the other days.  And I have heard nothing but good things about our daycare from the many friends and colleagues who also have their kids there, but as much as I know he will be well taken care of, none of them are me.

I am torn between wanting everyone to take better care of him than me (like getting him to nap consistently somewhere other than my arms or the swing) and wanting no one to be better than the mommy.  I have to keep telling myself that this is a good thing.  That I can eat and pee and blow my nose without worrying about him crying while I do it.  That I can run errands on my way home and they will go so much faster.  That I will feel more accomplished every day and be happier for it.  That I will treasure every little moment I do get to be with him and not feel frustrated like I sometimes do.

I will get through this - won't I?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment