Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unexpected Sunday Funday

Ever have one of those days where nothing goes as planned but it turns out great anyway?  That was our Sunday.  When our tax return showed up in our account late Friday, Billy and I decided to head to Ikea to buy the rest of the cabinets for the office portion of our kitchen. We asked my mom to watch Cal because we didn't really want to worry about him while we were dealing with all of those boxes.  It turned out to be a good idea - he wouldn't have fit!  While we measured and planned and sorted a million flat packed boxes, Cal got to enjoy a nice spring walk (and nap) with Grandma.

As we drove home, I got a call from my sister.  The family (and Joe!) was hanging out at my aunt's house watching basketball and relaxing.  Billy dropped me off and continued home to unpack.  My mom brought Cal over.  I wouldn't call it a relaxing day (although my sister and Charlotte did give me some free time), but Cal had a ball.  He was a little shocked by the big screen projector, and the excited shouts from my family of State fans frightened him to tears a few times.  He did like acting like he was part of the show however, dancing gleefully on the padded floor.  There were all sorts of new things to discover and he liked exploring the house, checking out the animals (dog, cats, turtle, fish) and playing with all the old toys.

It was nothing like what I planned for Sunday, but a good day nonetheless.  Family, food, a curious toddler!

Hanging out with Dom in front of the big screen.

He pushed the putter around like a vacuum.

Hanging out in Charlotte's room with a toy car he stole from Dom's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment