Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Fair

There is something special about a county fair.  The fried food, the livestock, the deliciouly redneck entertainment of a dirt track demolition derby...


I could be snobby and say the the dust, smell and, um, let's just say interesting people are not for me, but the truth is that I love it!  Please don't tell my in-laws.  I like to make them think it is a sacrifice for me :)

Last year, Cal was too young to properly enjoy the fair, but this year he had a blast.  He rode pretty much every ride he was tall enough for and I loved seeing the happy surprise on his face when the rides started to move.
Heaven with a steering wheel!

Look at that face!

Bounce House!

Choo Choo!

He also loved the fair food, enjoying a well-balanced meal of fries, breadsticks and some of Grandpa's elephant ear.  He and Daddy also shared a chocolate sundae.  Me?  I had a perfectly crispy corn dog and a fried Twinkie.  When in Rome...

We have been reading a lot about animals lately and have been working on their noises.  Boy was Cal excited to see a cow! 

Mooooo!

Mooo! Cow! Mooo!

"Doggie?" - Cal thinks all goats are dogs. 

He also loved the tractor.  It is so cool to see him connect something from a book to the real world.


The highlight of the night was the dirt track figure 8 races and demolition derby.  It is really fun to watch.  Cal kept saying "Oh wow!" when the cars would crash.

Yes - it really is that awesome in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment