Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Holiday Season

I swear it sneaks up on me every year.  By the time I slog through those last few days with teenagers who cannot wait to be free of school, Christmas is here and I have barely had enough time to deck the halls. Due to volunteering to host my work  holiday party, the halls were fully decked and the house was spotless by the 14th.  Not only that, but I had am totally on top of my shopping - SCORE!  Time to enjoy the holiday season!

First up was Christmas in the 'Ville in my in-laws town of Fowlerville.  My father-in-law was a bit iffy on the details, so we missed the 5k run and other day time events, but we arrived just in time for the awesome lighted parade.  Cal loved the bedecked vehicles.




But that wasn't the highlight.  The parade ended with two trailers full of hot air balloon baskets shooting flames from their burners high into the sky.  What a sight it was!  We finished the night with a pizza dinner, and plans to hit up the whole day next year.




Next up was a visit to Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village with both sets of grandparents.  I have said it before, but it bears repeating...buying that membership was the best decision we made this year. 

Unfortunately, Billy came down with a touch of the stomach flu that afternoon, so I rode solo with Cal and his posse of grandparents.  It was a cold but fun night.  I am super glad we went on a week night because I cannot imagine the crowds when it is sold out.  All of the rides are free with admission.  Cal was not patient enough to wait for the Model Ts and melted down before the wagon ride, but he hit up the carousel 3 times.  Boy was in love. 





This is another one of those events I can't wait to do again when Cal is older.  Santa is on the rooftop of one of the houses, and will say hello to children by name.  Imagine how awesome that will be when he is no longer afraid of Santa?

Speaking of the big man, Santa was a no go this year.  We (mostly meaning my mom) valiantly tried twice, but Cal was not having it.  Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment