Getting Sweeter Every Day!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Condo

Cal made his second visit to the condo in Harbor Springs - Mommy's favorite place to be.  The logistics of going with a toddler were a little more involved than our trip with a 4 week old last year.  Cal had more luggage than me - and I had all my ski gear too!

He was a like a dog in a new environment.  While my dad and I unpacked the car, he crawled all over checking the place out. He loved going up the stairs and peeking at you through the slats.



Taking a nap in Great Grandma's chair with Aunt Britt.
On Tuesday night we went out to one of our favorite restaurants: Chandlers.  We were shown to our table in the wine cellar (my favorite place to sit) and when I asked for a highchair I was surprised to hear they had none!  Guess not many people take their toddlers to a really nice restaurant with walls that are covered floor to ceiling with very breakable glass bottles!  As I was preparing to spend dinner with a kid on my lap, we noticed that my cousin Benny had disappeared.  Everyone figured he was looking for a TV to watch the football game or talking on his phone, but imagine our shock when he walked in the door with a highchair!  Without being asked, he went down the street until he found a restaurant with a highchair and left his new vest as collateral!  Somewhere under that annoying teenage exterior lies a great kid. 

Despite a snow drought, Mommy was able to get a few runs in. We also went for a swim in the pool and visited the Man family for dinner.  Callahan did great in the car, and I can't wait to take him back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment